What is “Grow Civic”?
The Sivil Büyü/Grow Civic Active Citizenship Mechanism (ACM) is an in-kind support programme to be implemented under Civic Space project, to provide flexible, transparent and accessible direct support to rights-based, public benefit work carried out by activists, citizen’s initiatives, platforms, networks, and Civil Societies Organizations (CSOs).
What are the objectives of “Grow Civic”?
The specific objectives of the Sivil Büyü/Grow Civic Programme are:
- To increase accountability and visibility of CSOs toward the public including measures to improve enabling environment for civil society;
- To promote Human Rights and Democracy, involving citizens in policy dialogue, design and monitoring;
- To support reconciliation, dialogue, closer relationship and trust between the Turkish Cypriot and the Greek Cypriot communities;
- To support the exchange of good practice, allowing the creation and expansion of citizen networks, initiatives and platforms, including support for voluntarism.
Who can request support?
Sivil Büyü/Grow Civic is a facility to support Cypriot Civil Society activists and seed organisations, requesters being individuals or organisations as described below:
- Activists (legally residing in Cyprus);
- Registered or unregistered civil society platforms, networks, citizen’s initiatives, groups;
- Registered associations, foundations and non-profit companies;
- Trade unions, Local cooperatives, Professional Organizations, Greek Cypriot CSOs, Greek Cypriot citizen’s initiatives and Greek Cypriot activists can request support only in partnership with a Turkish Cypriot CSO or Turkish Cypriot citizen’s groups working for public good/benefit or Turkish Cypriot activists.
Which activities are supported?
Rights-based activities of the above mentioned individuals or groups that work for public good/benefit will be supported. Sivil Büyü/Grow Civic aims to stand flexible to answer the changing needs of civil society and activists. An indicative list of eligible activities is provided below but will not be limited with these:
- Organising or participating in meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, study visits, or similar events, in line with the objectives of the Programme (e.g.: Human rights, civil society and participatory democracy, peace and reconciliation);
- Expert(s)’ support for trainings, facilitation, workshops, etc.;
- Creation of and participation in networks; cooperation and partnership initiatives and similar activities (in Cyprus, in other EU Member States or IPA Countries);
- Translation support for eligible activities;
- Bi-communal activities;
- Organising and/or participating in advocacy work, lobbying activities, campaigns and similar activities.
For more information:
For the request forms and supporting documents:
For the eligibility checklists:
The forms below are for Civic Space use and has been shared with you only for informative purposes.